Saturday, November 6, 2010

Power to the People...

One of my former students, who is now a senior, came running up to me to tell me about his experience at an interview for an internship for a local architectural firm. He told of how he was asked to attend a meeting with a builder at a job site (on an interview? I know!) and he was asked his opinion about something in the plans.

His reaction: "Mrs. G, my opinion actually MATTERED! It was amazing!"

I'm wondering about that- why do students feel their opinion doesn't matter?

I think I am going to pay attention to see if I can find a student who needs this feeling as well. I'll give them an opportunity to feel like their opinion matters... maybe I'll work with them to create a seating chart or something like that....

Got me thinking, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment